While ultraviolet light has been long known for its toxic effects on all manner of organisms, a recent report from Nature magazine shows that wavelengths of visible light can, in some cases, be even more deadly to common insects. Of additional interest is the observation that different species of insect were most effected by different wavelengths. Little has been known about the toxicity of visible light, and this study is groundbreaking. You can learn more, here: http://www.nature.com/srep/2014/141209/srep07383/full/srep07383.html

Advertisements